Black Friday. Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday.
If you are like me, your credit card is screaming at you to stop right now. But if you are also like me, you recognize how fortunate you are in life and want to give back and celebrate this Giving Tuesday.
So I decided to create a quick check list of things you and your family can do today to give on this Giving Tuesday… and the best part is that none of them require to swipe a credit card or write a check (although that’s appreciated more than you know too!).
- Donate that Halloween Candy that is still lingering around the house. We are collecting it for the Big Give event on Dec. 10th to create candy bouquets for nurses and doctors at CHOA.
- Register your Kroger Plus card and choose Kids Boost in the Community Rewards section. They will donate a portion back to Kids Boost… free and easy! Click HERE to sign up!
- Collect items for our Big Give Event. We need travel sized toiletries, decks of cards, individual wrapped snacks, word puzzle books and more. Check out our wish list here: https://kidsboost.org//event/big-give/
- Sign up to give your time to Kids Boost! We still need volunteers for The Big Give next weekend. All volunteers must be 12 years old. Our volunteers will help man the stations for families to visit to give back. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c44a9ae29a1f49-kids Not 12 years old but want to participate? Come drop in between 10-6 on Saturday, Dec. 10th to do fun hands on activities to give back to the world!
- Do you shop on Amazon? Did you know you can choose Kids Boost as your designated charity on Amazon Smile and we will receive a portion of your purchase? It’s free and easy and is truly HUGE for us. Just register once, choose Kids Boost and then remember to shop through Amazon Smile everything you shop Amazon. Click HERE to get started.
- Start collecting items for our annual Kids Boost garage sale in the spring
- Share Kids Boost with your friends and family! Can you invite friends to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter or Instagram? Can you forward this blog post or invite a friend to the Big Give Event? Help us spread the word about the work we are doing.
- Invite a child between the age of 8-14 to participate in Kids Boost! Ask them to visit www.kidsboost.org to learn more and to apply today.
Thank you all tremendously for giving back this Giving Tuesday! We are doing some terrific things in this world and I am eternally grateful for each of your support!